Tuesday, November 30, 2010

On Becoming a "Grown-Up"...

Hello World!

Well, I have finally given into the "blogging craze" that many of my friends have joined over the last couple of years. I will admit, that with the advent of Facebook, keeping in "touch" with people has become so easy to organize, even though I often feel like a bit of a lurker. Recently though, I have enjoyed the blogs my friends (and celebrity gossip watchers) have been creating as a way for me to keep track of what's going on without feeling like such a FB creeper. To those of you with blogs, please continue to write - I enjoy knowing what's going on in your lives, how your babies are doing, and what on earth you're up to these days. 

It seems that many of us are finally beginning the process of "growing up." Although some of us have been faster at it than others, I must say that I am finally beginning to come to the realization that I am in fact a "grown-up." (Cue scary movie music here.) As many of you know, Clay and I are running head first into this whole adulthood thing. We've dated, we've gotten married, we bought a house, I'm completing grad school at IU, and in the spring, we'll take the next big leap into grown-updom. Parenthood. That's right - we're going to be parents. I guess they'll let anyone be one these days! 

All kidding aside, we are very excited about this upcoming addition and becoming more than just "us." Though I'm not sure who's more excited...us or the grandparents, the godparents, or the aunts/uncles. (It's a fairly close race if you know our family and friends.)

I must admit, this semester has been a whirlwind of activity. Student teaching and finding out you're pregnant is a roller coaster of emotion. However, I have been blessed with great students and continuing to feel great throughout the first few months of pregnancy. This being the last week of student teaching has been a new type of emotional undertaking because although I'm excited, I really can't wrap my mind around what on earth I'll do with myself starting next week. (If anyone has any ideas send them my way!) At the end of the day however, I do feel blessed to have spent this experience with such a great group of kids. I know I'll miss them, but I look forward to whatever is up ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment