Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January Changes...

So the last few weeks have been very interesting, as well as exciting!

I recently was asked to take a long term sub position at Summit in a 6th grade classroom. I was thrilled that they thought of me to take the spot and have really been enjoying my time in the classroom. The kids are great and although they are more tiring than the younger ones, I've enjoyed being able to teach and have some really in depth conversations with students. I'll be their teacher until Claire makes her debut and I think that the kids are getting more comfortable knowing that they won't have to deal with a multitude of subs during the next few months of school. I'm also thrilled to get to teach Social Studies twice a day and I am working towards finding some "exciting" ways to cover the topics. (Cue my ET2T counterparts wondering if I'll be making a "web" ala Jesse Goodman.)

In baby news, I'm still feeling great, though a bit tired now that I'm teaching. I've really started to show this week and she's been moving and grooving a lot more. Clay was able to feel her kick a few times so I think it's becoming a lot more real for the both of us. Our bedding is almost complete (Etsy is a lifesaver!) and we're hoping to start on the nursery next weekend. (After the Praxis is out of the way...) We've got 4 months to go and a "To-Do" list a mile long. But we do start birth classes tonight and we made arrangements with a doula for the birth. Whew! I can't believe we're almost 6 months through this!

Aside from baby and teaching - I've recently been inspired with cooking again. It could be the No Reservations marathon I watched over the weekend (Thank you Netflix streaming!) and it could be the anticipation of not having the time to do these types of experiments once Claire gets here. Either way, I've done three new creations this week (two my own, one Pioneer Woman) and so far so good. It feels great to cook something different and to be inspired beyond my usual dinner fare. I've also found a new interest in baking! I lend part of that to Sarah for bringing these amazing macaroons for NYE dinner. They were quite addictive and amazingly delicious. (Thanks Sarah!)

As soon as I can find our camera cord I'll be posting some progress pics of Claire's room, as well as of the recent cooking explorations!

Hope everyone in our area is enjoying the snow - it's hopefully on it's way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment